NZ Quote of the Year 2017
Vote for your favourite quote of the year from our 10 finalists!
Choose your favourite quote
"It's deeply disappointing, but it's not gay."
- Actor Jatinder Singh after Nigel calls a dropped pie “gay” in Rainbow Youth's advertisement.
"Excuse me for laughing, but it's been a long time since I've been ravaged by a toothless sheep."
- Winston Peters on Gareth Morgan.
“This is my generation's nuclear free moment.”
– Jacinda Ardern on climate change.
“I’m embracing my new feather duster status.”
– Paula Bennett, ending her tenure as Deputy Prime Minister.
“First ladyman? Who knows? …Aiming for Michelle Obama, probably gonna be a little bit closer to Prince Philip.”
– Clarke Gayford.
“I am a different shade of brown."
– Student Jai Selkirk of the Dilworth School team winning “Word – The Front Line Poetry Slam” competition.
"Please tell me that's not your penis."
– Shortland Street’s Dr Chris Warner (actor Michael Galvin) confronting his son about a photo.
“If humour is common sense dancing, John Clarke was Nureyev.”
– Don McGlashan on the death of John Clarke.
“...in NZ elections, we all vote then take the ballots—chuck them out—and ask a man called Winston Peters who won."
– Ali Ikram.
"I've not seen the data about the risk factor of death by falling fatty; I'd imagine it's similar to the risk factor of death by Sharknado."
- Fat activist and scholar Dr Cat Pause, when asked if fat people are a hazard because they could fall on you.
Do Not Fill This Out